Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's Finished!!!!!


Well, as you can tell from this picture, Katie finally finished her dress and wore it out in public, and didn't get too many death threats over it. :) Now she can move on to bigger and better projects, such as learning how to make me scrambled eggs and toast.

Katie's big day is tomorrow as she will start her second semester of school at Foothill College in Los Altos Hills. Just between you and I, I think she is telling me a big fib because every time she goes up there she tells me that it is cold. I guess it must be a girl thing. I am going to have to go up there one day for myself so I can show here that it is not cold at all. But this is the person who sleeps with a big blanket on during the summer when it is 80 degrees in the house, so what can I expect? For those of you who don't know, Katie is trying to get all of the prerequisites done so that she can hopefully get into a nursing program in a year or so. We will see how studious she is!!!!

One day I came home from work, and Katie had surprised me by making this luscious chocolate, pecan cake. Doesn't it look good? She wants me to make sure that all of you know that she made the cake from scratch, not from a box!!!! We started a little thing of planning a date night each weekend. This past weekend we went to the old Stanford Theater. This is an old style theater that dates back to 1925. In the 1990's, it was restored and now they show old films there on the weekend. Before and after the films, they have a big Wurlitzer organ that comes up out of the floor, and an organist plays music on it. Very fun!!! We saw the Man from Laramie, and Man of the West. I have a feeling that we may be spending a lot more time there in the future, because Katie is a nut for old things

3 comments:

Emily said...

Katie...I am so impressed! A beautiful dress and a beautiful cake...you are getting so domestic! What a cute little wife you are. Pretty sure I need to learn to some skills from you! Anyway, lets just say that if you lived closer, I would definitely be asking to borrow it!

Love you guys!
Emily

Emily said...

aND YOU big bro Justin...great choice of wife you picked. You two are just wonderful! I cannot wait to come and visit...yes, are you doing the homework on plane tickets for us? I hope so!

Love you
Em

Jean K said...

Justin & Katie, I love your website. You two are so perfect for each other! Just logged on to see if you have posted the video of your new apartment. Any luck? Hope your move is going well. I wish I was there to help. I will see you in February! Love, Mom :)