Monday, June 23, 2008

A Weekend in Utah

Justin has been bugging me all week to update our blog, but the only have time on Sundays... I usually end up taking a nap instead! This is finals week for me at school but I only have one final that I will take online on Friday, which means I actually have time today to update everyone.

The end of May was busy for us! As you know we went to Portland over Memorial Day weekend for Jameson and Kamrah's wedding. The next weekend we went to Utah for Brooke and Wagner's wedding. Brooke is Justin's step-sister. We flew into Salt Lake on Friday morning. We hadn't been to Utah since Christmas, so it was fun to visit. Friday night we had dinner in a park with our family, Meg's kids that came in for the wedding, and Wagner's family. The got married on Saturday. The weather was beautiful!Brooke served her a mission in Brazil and Wagner is from Brazil, so they had a big festa for the reception. It was a lot of fun to try some of the different foods. Wagner's mom even made hundreds of dipped chocolates for the reception. They were amazing! Here are some pictures from the weekend.

Justin & Michael, then Justin & I on the Salt Lake Temple Grounds.






























Here is Melissa & Brandon, the newly engaged couple! How cute :)


At the reception: Grandpa King and Justin & Hollie, Emily, Ruth and Justin






























Brandon was telling Grandpa King how he proposed to Melissa. I just really like this picture.
That was the main part of our fun and exciting weekend in Utah. That and seeing Melissa's new engagement ring! Sorry that this post isn't very exciting. I promise I will make it up later!

1 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow! I'm impressed - three new posts with ample pictures! I loved reading all three of them. I'm glad i checked your blog today. It looks like you two are having alot of fun. We sure loved seeing you at Jamie's wedding. Keep having fun in California (and then blog about it) and we will see you back in Utah in August. Love you guys.