Its hard to believe that it has been almost two weeks since little Emmeline was born. She is such a joy to have around, and it is hard to imagine what life would be without her. You got Katie's take on her, so now it is my turn.
As with most dads, we always think that it would be great to have a little son. Someone who we can teach how to play ball, take fishing, camping, and just messing around with. Although I would have been happy with a son as my first child, I can honestly say that I wouldn't trade little Emmeline (Emme) for no-one. She is so sweet, and such a joy to hold and be around. She truly is going to be Daddy's little girl.
She and I have already started to share some great bonding moments. She definitely takes after my love of sleeping. There is nothing greater than cuddling up with her as she falls off to sleep.
One other thing that is very cute. A lot of times when she is hungry, I will hold her while Katie gets ready to feed her. Emmeline will be trying to suck on her fingers and get whatever she can in her mouth. This is her way of showing us that she is hungry. One day I had my face close to her's and the following picture describes what she did to appease her appetite
Hopefully no one is going to report my to child services because I let her suck on my nose. Well, unfortunately my two weeks off have come to an end. Tomorrow I am back to work, and will only get to see my little girl in the morning, and at night. Oh how I wish that I didn't have to go back to work :(
I love you Emmeline.
16 years ago



5 comments:
Congrats! She is beautiful.
Leslie always gets after me when I let the babies suck on my nose. It's strangely fun, though!
YOu and Nate are too alike, he did that too! THere is nothing better than having a Daddy's girl!
She is SO cute! Congratulations, you guys! Isn't it wonderful to become a parent? It only gets better, believe me!
What.. your baby sleeps? ;) Joel likes to try to suck on our noses and even left a bruise on Lisa's chin from his gums when he was getting too impatient to eat. We're so happy for you guys and can't wait to meet Emmeline!
Doug and Lisa
Post a Comment