Emmeline was born on May 7, 2009 at 6:42 am. She weighed 7lbs 15oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. At our last prenatal appointment on Monday (the 4th) my doctor told me I was 3 cm and probably wouldn't make it through the week. Needless to say, we were pretty excited and anxious to meet our baby, so we decided to try an old wives tale. On Wednesday night (the 6th) we went for a walk to the library because we heard walking is supposed to induce labor. We only had 20 minutes to get there before it closed at 9 pm, so it was a vigorous walk. About 2 blocks from the library I felt a leak. I thought it might just be my bladder or something because the baby had dropped. I told Justin and when we got home I discovered the leak was a little more than I thought, so we did a check to see if it was my water that broke. We thought it was my water, so we called my doctor and she told us to go to labor & delivery. We got there a little before 11 pm. They got us checked in and settled and determined it was my water that broke earlier. We were there to stay! I was 4 cm and having some contractions but they were not regular so they gave me pitocin around 1:30 am. We slept off and on until about 5:00 am, but I was so tired and the contractions were getting stronger, so I decided to get an epidural so I could rest. I slept for 45 minutes until the nurse came to switch me to my other side at 5:45 am. She checked me and I was 7 cm, so we figured it would still be a few more hours until we were ready to push. About 15 minutes later the nurse came in to adjust the heart monitor for the baby and right about then I started feeling a lot of pressure. She checked me again and I was 10 cm! I did a couple practice pushes to see how things were progressing, but the nurse had me stop because the baby was ready to come! The doctor was there within 10 minutes or so and we were ready to push. Emmeline must have been anxious to come into the world because I pushed with 2 or 3 contractions and she was born at 6:42 am. We are so glad Emmeline joined our family early. Justin and I couldn't be happier with our beautiful baby girl. We feel so blessed! Here are some pictures for those of you who haven't seen them yet.
16 years ago



7 comments:
Aww - she looks so sweet! Congratulations!! (PS - I am Justin's cousin...I know I don't comment on here often, didn't want you to think I was a stranger!
All I can say is "IT IS NOT FAIR" sounds like a great labor- so easy. And you got one beatiful girl out of it. I see a lot of king though!
She's beautiful, congratulations! We are excited for you two, can't wait to meet her!
She is adorable, I am glad that all went well. Have fun with the little baby!
congratulations!! She is so cute. Life just got a lot more adventurous for the two of you. Congrats!
She is so gorgeous! When are you guys coming to UT so that we can see her? She totally reminds me of when Kristen was born. :) I love her name too! Great job you guys!
Congrats! She is beautiful.
Post a Comment