Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Emme's 2nd Birthday

Emme turned 2 on May 7th.  We had a lot of fun celebrating her birthday.  The Birthday Fairy came to our house and left Emme a quarter for each year, plus one extra in a shoe by the side of her bed.  (This is a tradition in Justin's family).


We had a traditional birthday breakfast with sticky buns, bacon and orange juice.  Emme helped me make some of the breakfast in her new apron.



We opened some presents and then went to the duck pond by BYU for a little while to feed the ducks.  Emme loves animals and loved watching all the ducks.  Later that night we watched the movie Tangled with Emme for the first time.  She sat on the couch and watched the whole thing.  She loved it!


The next day, which was Mother's Day, we went up to Kaysville to celebrate with Justin's family.  Emme LOVES Toy Story, so I made her a Toy Story cake.  I made frosting for the first time and I think it turned out well.


Here is the birthday girl right before she snapped the elastic on her hat.  She asked for party hats by the way :)  We couldn't leave Charlie out either.  Also, she got sick that morning with a fever and got some spots on her face.  You can see them in the picture.



She did a good job blowing out her candle.  Happy Birthday Emme.  We are so glad you are a part of our family!  We love you!!!

3 comments:

jen said...

she is getting so big! what a lovely girl (happy birthday to her!). also, i had to comment about the birthday fairy! I love that you guys are carrying on the tradition. I plan to do it as well - it was one of my favorite things on my birthday growing up. Do you have any idea what the history is behind it?

Natalie said...

I can't believe how grown up she is!

katie k said...

Jen, Justin doesn't know the history of the birthday fairy, but he doesn't have the best memory. Maybe one of the girls knows. It would be fun to find out :)