As a lot of you know, Justin's family has a tradition where they make spudnuts the Sunday before Halloween and invite everyone they know over to their house to enjoy them. Justin and I were in Colorado for Chad and Beth's wedding the weekend before Halloween, but we did keep with tradition and make the spudnuts 2 weeks later. This was the first time since we've been married that we attempted this on our own and I think it turned out great! Justin is quite the chef. He looked as if he made spudnuts every weekend. We invited a bunch of our friends from church and some of our old neighbors. I definitely think it was a success. We made plain glazed and cinnamon/ sugar spudnuts. Justin made a batch and a half, so we ended up making about 170 spudnuts! I think we used every plate and cookie sheet we own. Here are a few pictures of the experience. :)
Here is Justin with the dough. We made it before church and let it sit. This is what we found when we came home!
Here is Justin with the dough. We made it before church and let it sit. This is what we found when we came home!
Here are the rest of the spudnuts waiting to rise. We got better video of the experience then we did pictures. Anyway, we had a lot of fun making them, but more fun eating them! I can't wait until we can do it again next year.



0 comments:
Post a Comment