Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Oh Baby!

So, for those of you who haven't heard yet... WE'RE EXPECTING! We are so excited! We found out in early September but decided to keep it a secret until after the first trimester. We wanted to start our family a while ago, but I guess Heavenly Father had other plans for us. That's why we waited so long to tell everyone. We just wanted to make sure that it was real and that the baby would stay around. The due date is May 18th and we've decided not to find out the gender of the baby. We want to be surprised! We told our parents 2 weeks ago. We sent them homemade cards that had a copy of our first ultrasound picture in it. This is the first grandchild for both of our families, so naturally everyone was excited. We told Justin's siblings last weekend because they were all together for Hollie's play. We also sent them the homemade cards. All we could hear were screams over the phone. :) After that we called our grandparents and a few other people and figured the word would spread from there. My mom especially made sure of that! :) I haven't really been sick at all which is very nice. I don't know how some women survive. I only had a few days last weekend where I got dehydrated and dizzy. It took me most of last week to recover from that, but I'm feeling great now. I don't think anyone else would notice that my stomach has grown, but I sure do! Justin and I are going shopping on Friday to see if we can find some good deals on maternity clothes. I still can't believe it! We both feel so blessed to have the opportunity to bring this child into our lives. Justin is going to be such a cute daddy and I am so blessed to have him as my husband. Here's a picture that Justin and I took last night of me at 15 weeks. I don't look big at all, but there is a bump there! I guess that's all for now. I have a lot more time now so I'll be better about updating everyone.

4 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

hurray!!! Don't worry, you will get bigger fast enough!!! If there is any words of wisdom I can share- just enjoy every moment, you will never get it back!

Unknown said...

congrats. We are way excited for you and hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well. You have to read the book "on becoming babywise". It is great!

mj said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for baby king. We canNOT wait! Since you're home during the day, you should come to Mother's Group. Want me to send you the emails?

jena wise said...

Katie, I'm so happy for you guys! You will be such great parents. What an exciting time!

And.. you look darling.