Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cooking Blunder

I'm usually a fairly good cook. I can make a recipe I've never tried before turn out most of the time. So, last week I really wanted these peanut butter chocolate bars that my mom always makes during Christmas time. I think there are literally 5 or 6 ingredients in the whole recipe, and I've made this a bunch of times before. You would think I wouldn't be able to mess up this recipe, but I did. Go figure! I was trying to melt a chunk of chocolate for the top layer to complete my peanut butter bars. We recently bought a double boiler and I thought it would be fun to melt it in there. I tried that but it was too slow and there were still a bunch of chunks in it. So, I put the chocolate in a bowl and thought I would just microwave it instead. Was that a mistake! I put it in too long and I burned the chocolate. I have NEVER seen chocolate burn like that. There was even smoke coming out of the vents of the microwave, which smelled like burnt chocolate for the next 3 days. I thought I would post a picture of the disaster for those of you who do not have cooking disasters. I blame it on the pregnancy hormones! :) Even though I burned the first batch of chocolate I successfully managed to melt some other chocolate and we were able to eat our chocolate peanut butter bars later that night.

0 comments: