Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas

Justin and I stayed in California for Christmas this year. We are trying to save vacation days because we are going to Chile in February for almost 3 weeks. This was our first Christmas (other than our honeymoon) with just the two of us. We followed King family tradition starting on Christmas Eve. Justin's family has had the same Christmas Eve dinner for a long time. We at a candlelight dinner of cream cheese chicken, corn and cherry 7-up. We had to go to 3 or 4 stores to find the cherry 7-up. After that we drove around and looked at Christmas lights. When we got home we read the Christmas story out of the bible and watched the Nativity. Next we wrote a letter to Santa, burned the letter in a pie tin and sprinkled the ashes on the ground so Santa could collect the letter to see what we wanted. After that we got into our new pajamas, ate some ice cream and fell asleep to a Christmas movie. When we woke up the next morning we found that Santa had visited! He even left a note thanking us for the milk and cookies we left out. We had the traditional King Family breakfast which was beneits, eggs, bacon, grape juice, and oranges. We received a lot of nice gifts, and a lot of goodies to munch on. (Thank you everyone for the nice gifts!) Justin's gift to me was amazing. He got us tickets to see Wicked in March when it comes to San Francisco! I was very impressed :) The rest of the afternoon was spent talking to our families and making dinner. We had the missionaries over for Christmas dinner. Justin made the most amazing ham I've ever tasted! We also had potatoes, vegetables, rainbow jello, rolls, and chocolate pudding pie. Dinner was great and I'm sure glad we have leftovers! The rest of the night was quiet, which was nice since we were busy making dinner all day. I hope everyone had as wonderful a Christmas as we did. Now we get to look forward to the new year!

1 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

Okay, you look so good! You are going to be a very cute prego girl! I love that Justin got you Wicked tickets- we saw it last year- soooooooo good. I love "bing" and you gave me taste for what I missed at the wedding, and only a king would think wearing long underwear is fun!