Justin and I went to Utah this weekend for his sister Kristin's wedding. We had so much fun spending time with the family. This was also the last time we will be out there until after the baby is born. Blaine is from Idaho Falls and Kristin is going to school at BYU Idaho, so they decided to get married in the Rexburg temple. The sealing was on Saturday, so we drove up to Idaho on Friday night and stayed the night in a hotel. I kn
ew it was going to be cold in Utah and Idaho, but I was not prepared for it to be in the single digets. Our hotel room was freezing and I didn't go outside unless it was absolutely necessary. We heard that the high on Saturday, the wedding day, was supposed to be 6 degrees... it sure felt like it! It was so nice to see close friends and family at the temple. The sealing ceremony was beautiful and the sealer was awesome too. One funny thing is that Justin and I didn't even get to meet Blaine until after the sealing when we got to congradulate the new couple in the sealing room. As most of you know, the next event on the agenda was tak
ing pictures in front of the temple. I can't remember the last time I was so cold. I thought our wedding day was cold, but Kristin wins the prize. I think we were only outside for 20 - 30 minutes, but by the time we got in the car I couldn't feel the backs of my legs! One thing I did notice is that Kristin and Blaine didn't seem to be cold, but I'm sure they were too excited to notice :) After the temple all the friends and family that were at the temple went to a luncheon. Blaine's family took care of everything from the decorations to the food. It was so nice of them to do that and it turned out beautifully. I just have to say... the food was great! Each of th
e bride and groom's siblings and spouses took turns and talked about a memory they had of them. I think this was my favorite part of the afternoon. We really got to know Blaine and what kind of man he is. I am so glad that Kristin and Blaine found each other. They are both so special and they are going to grow into amazing couple. We are so glad to have you in our family Blaine and we hope to get to know you better soon! We are so glad you made the choice to get married in the temple. I know you will be blessed in your lives because of that decision. Congratulations! WE LOVE YOU!
16 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment