Justin's family has a really fun tradition around Halloween. They make spudnuts and invite family and friends over to enjoy! We made them 2 years ago in California, but missed making them last year. Justin was out of town until Sunday afternoon, so it was a little crazy trying to prepare, but it was worth it! Locke was nice enough to come up and help Justin fry and glaze the spudnuts... and thank you Katie for taking Emme off our hands for a while! We had so much fun eating and chatting with our friends. Thanks for making it so fun everyone! I can't wait to do it again next year!
Here's Locke and Justin. I love this picture :)
Here is the spread. We served also served hot chocolate with the glazed and cinnamon sugar spudnuts.
Emme LOVED the spudnuts. She kept sneaking them off the plate some how. I think I ate about 6 spudnuts by the end of the night... 5 of them were ones like this that Emme bit and put back on the plate :) She even snuck one of the leftovers the next day. I found her quietly eating it in the bathroom.
Emme enjoying one last spudnut. I just love her cute slippers from Grandpa and Grandma McAdams!




3 comments:
Thanks for inviting us over for the spudnuts night - they were SO good! And thats really cute about Emme eating one in the bathroom. I don't blame her, they were just that good.
Hi Katie - you don't know me but I knew Justin in High School. I had never her of spudnuts until my neighbor asked me about them yesterday and told me they were a Utah thing. Then I saw this post. Could you send me the recipe? I would love to try them, they look super yummy. I love looking at your blog and tell Justin hi.
Krista
ryankrista.gage@gmail.com
you're making me salivate
Post a Comment