I started potty training Emme the Monday after we got home from our trip to Wisconsin. I decided to use the "tarp" method. I put a big tarp down on our living room floor, and put up a baby gate in the hall just after the bathroom so we wouldn't have a mess all over the house. I let Emme run around with a bare bottom.
This was exactly what she needed. She caught on pretty quick. I put her in underwear around the house on Wednesday and she only had a few accidents. We were in the car for 1 hour on Thursday on the way to a party, so we put her in a pull up. She told us she had to go potty when we got out of the car. We were pleasantly surprised when she held it the whole way and went on the potty when we took her.
We have struggled with #2, but she is doing much better and hardly has any accidents (except this morning when Justin was in charge for 15 min... ha!)
We had been looking for a toddler bed for Emme for a few weeks and finally found one over the 4th of July. Charlie started to sleep better, so we wanted to put him to bed in Emme's room. I was really dreading putting her in a toddler bed. I thought I would need to sleep on the floor in her room night after night until she fell asleep so she would stay in bed. That was not the case. She has done so great! I think there has only been one night where she woke up at 11:30pm and came in the living room. She even naps well. The only adjustment is getting used to her "appearing" around the corner because she can get out of bed all by herself now. She is growing up so fast :)




3 comments:
Wow!! yahoo for Emme! Two big things and doing it like a champ. May the force be with you Katie! and Justin :)
See you in a few weeks.
way to go!:) most kids struggle with #2 and at least in our house, had more accidents when daddy was in charge. they just don't "watch" them :) miss you here in provo!
Thanks guys! And... we are actually still in Provo :)
Post a Comment