Monday, July 23, 2012

Max Kendall King

     Justin's Grandpa King had been sick off and on since Thanksgiving 2011.  He had spent most of that time in a care center.  He passed away the day after Emme's accident on July 17, 2012.


Grandpa King is from Aberdeen, Idaho, which is where we went for the funeral.  It was a beautiful memorial to his amazing life.  He was 91 when he died, and he lived every one of those years to the fullest.  It was so fun to hear new stories and see how many people loved him.  Here is his obituary, and here are some pictures of the graveside service.  He served in the Navy during WWII.







There was a luncheon after the graveside service.  Emme didn't even notice that all the chairs were cleaned up except the one she was using.

Daddy & Charlie
I feel so blessed to be a part of the King family, and grateful that I was able to know Grandpa King.  I feel as if I have known him forever, but it was really only 7 years.  Justin and I had been dating for a month and a half and we were on a road trip from Wisconsin to Utah so I could meet his family.  Justin called his Aunt Ruth and made me talk to her and Grandpa.  I will never forget that :)  We love you and miss you so much!

0 comments: