We were really lucky to be able to go to the Wisconsin State Fair while we were home visiting. The last time we went was when Justin and I were dating 7 years ago. It was the last date we went on before Justin had to go home to Utah. Here are some of the highlights.
This is the famous cream puff. It's basically all sugar. Everyone raves about them. I'm not a huge fan because they are too rich. I ate one anyway and it wasn't as bad as I remember.
Charlie's first cream puff.
Emme's first cream puff. They loved them!
It's really all about the food here in Wisconsin. These are fried cheese curds. Best. food. ever! Another must try is the roasted corn. I didn't get a picture, but they roast it with the husk on. When they open it, they dip it in a vat of melted butter and you cover it with salt. I wish I could have some now!
Charlie and Emme in the barn area. Charlie thought these were so fun!
Farmer Charlie
I love how Emme is holding onto the face hole.
Moo!
Corn "sandbox"
This is all I could see of Emme when we stopped at a table to get custard.
Yum!
We walked around quite a bit, ate lunch, looked at a lot of vendor booths, and got Emme some cotton candy. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Kilby for a great time!




0 comments:
Post a Comment