Saturday, April 28, 2012

28 on the 28th

I turned 28 on the 28th of April this year.  I had been waiting for this birthday my whole life.  For those of you who don't know (Justin didn't until we got married) when you turn the age that is the same number as your birth date, that is called your golden birthday.  I guess it's really not that big of a deal.  It just always seemed fun.

Justin knew I had been looking forward to my golden birthday, so he made the day really extra special.  He started off the day with breakfast.  He left a note and a box of "golden" grahams on the counter for me.  He said there were a bunch of golden tickets that I should keep an eye out for throughout the day.  I found one in the cereal box and in the shower.  It was so fun to be in suspense all day, not knowing what Justin had planned.
We had dinner at Cafe Rio, and then went up Provo canyon with the kids to get a view of Provo.  After we got home Justin had a surprise for me.  He gave me the rest of the golden tickets, which there were 28, and I got an awesome new camera!
I have always been interested in photography, and had wanted a nice camera for some time.  Justin seriously made this the best birthday ever!
After presents we had mud pie that Justin made.  Thank you Justin for making my birthday so special!
We had so much fun this is what I found when I went to check on Charlie later that night.

2 comments:

Lori and Matt said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a good day!

My 'golden' birthday was when I was 9... I want a redo! :)

Ben and Summer said...

How fun, Katie! I'm so glad Justin made it special for you. Happy golden birthday! (Well, I guess it was a long time ago, but still!)