Monday, March 23, 2009

Jicama?

Sunday is the day of the week that I "graduate" to the next week in the pregnancy. I have a couple websites I like to read weekly and I usually do that on Monday mornings. There is a photo gallery on babycenter.com that shows you a picture of an object that weighs the same as your baby for that particular week. This is what I read today...

32 Weeks
Your baby is taking up more and more space and weighs as much as a large jicama -- about 3 3/4 pounds. (Length: about 16 3/4 inches, head to heel.)

What the heck is a jicama? I will probably google it later today, but if anyone knows please enlighten me. So there you have it. Bing is a jicama this week.

2 comments:

Menner said...

Jicama (pronounced hic-a-ma) is in the potato family, I believe. And they are so yummy! I peel themm, slice them into strips, and eat them raw. You can dip them into veggie dip if you want or put them on a salad.

They're white, veiny (is that a word), and very watery and slightly sweet. Think water chestnut.

Go try one!

Leslie said...

I love jicama. You really should try it. It is delicious, kind of like sugar snap peas. It is a great veggie for Independence day because you can slice it into round sheets and then cut it into stars for when you need a white thing to round out your red and blue berry tray. So glad bing is growing so big.