
Today my mom would have been 57 years young!! It's hard to believe that it has almost been 8 years since she passed away. Although I have many memories of her, it seems that unless I consciously take time to think about them, they seem to fade over time. This year, my sister Kristin had all of us take time to write down our favorite memories of Mom, and then share them with the other siblings. It was a great time to reminisce of all of the great memories that I had with her.
One memory that I will share here was her love of D.I. (For those of you who aren't from Utah, it is the LDS church's version of Goodwill). She always loved to go there and see what bargains could be found. There were many a times when she would tell us about her adventures and the treasures that she was able to find. Luckily, I had the good fortune of being able to learn the ways of how to become a fanatical D.I. shopper. For those of you who don't know, here are the steps to a successful D.I. shopping experience:
- Arrive early (the best deals are always found in the morning)
- When you see the workers bringing out a new cart of items, get over there as fast as possible. It is critical to be the first one to see the items as the best items are snatched right off of the cart
- Take time to rummage. Most people will only look at what is easily seen, which means that there could be treasures underneath all of those piles of clothes
- Be open minded and flexible. You never know what you are going to find, but when you find a good deal, take advantage!!!



3 comments:
I absolutely LOVED your mom. She always made me feel so welcome in her home. She was a great lady.
I seriously love Aunt Marilyn so much! So many of my fondest memories of my childhood include her. I will never forget when we came home from the Allen family party and we were in the old StationWagon and it was snowing and we missed the exit for Kaysville. I was convinced that we would run out of gas and get murdered (I had seen too many episodes of America's Most Wanted) and Marilyn calmed me down and made me laugh.
Thanks for posting memories of her. I miss her and it's nice to have good memories to look back on.
I just remember that whenever we were with her, no matter where it was it was always a party. She would sneak us candy or some kinds of treat all the time.
Post a Comment