Saturday, May 12, 2012

Alice

I found out earlier this week that a good friend of mine from the MBA program passed away.  I met Alice at the beginning of our second year in the MBA program through MBASA (MBA Spouse Association).  We were put in a playgroup together with two other amazing women.  We met most weeks during the school year.  She always had a big smile on her face and was the kind of person that would never say a bad word about anyone.  I really admired that about her.  I also never heard her complain, even if you could tell she was having a really bad day.

Alice passed way on Wednesday because of complications from childbirth.  She leave behind her husband, two boys, 4 and 2 and a 1 week old baby girl.  Her husband is still job searching since he graduated last month with his MBA and now has 3 small children to take care of as well as funeral costs, etc.

Alice's sister-in-law has set up a donation fund on her blog Honeybear Lane.  More of Alice's story and some pictures are written here as well.  There is also a vinyl business on Facebook called Expressions Vinyl that will donate $1 for every "like" they get on their page up to $3000.  Every little bit helps.

I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to know Alice, even though it was only a short time.  I am grateful for her smile and example.  Her family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Our Playgroup: Leslie, Me, Amanda, Alice


1 comments:

Dirk 'n Juli said...

Such a sad story. I've been seeing lots of people posting the donation blog on FB. Hope her family is doing ok. Sending thoughts and prayers to all.