Justin's Grandpa King celebrated his 90th birthday on September 3rd this year. His grandpa is from Aberdeen, Idaho, but now lives in Utah. Since he has friends in both places, the family had 3 or 4 birthday celebrations for him. We went up to Idaho over Pioneer Day weekend to celebrate. They had a great Pioneer Day parade down main street. They gave away the BEST stuff on the floats. There was even a float that was giving away root beer floats! We also had some really good food in the park to celebrate. Here are some pictures while we waited for the parade. I love Emme in her baseball hat!
We had Grandpa's birthday celebration after all the festivities in the park. They had a bunch of old family pictures displayed on a table. I got to see Grandpa and Grandma King's wedding picture for the first time as well as some pictures of Grandpa in the Navy during WWII.
Grandpa was a farmer up here in Aberdeen, so the centerpieces were wheat. We had angel food cake for dessert. I will not say how many pieces I had, but I will say it was good!
Here is Grandpa with all 5 of his children. Justin's dad is on the far right.
I fell in love with Aberdeen the first time we came to visit after we were first married. I LOVE Grandpa's farm. I understand why Justin has so many great memories there. Here are some pictures of fun things around Grandpa's farm.
I guess Grandpa was known for fixing the neighbors kid's bikes. Here is a fun one we found for Emme when she gets a little bigger :)
Justin said that this is where they would fill the 4 wheelers up with gas when they were younger.
A fun old car.
This is the house they used to live in before they built their new one. They kept it and used it as storage for a long time. Now everyone searches it for treasures. It reminds me of the Wizard of Oz.
Here are some details from the house. I'm not obsessed with doors, but I just love the details on it. I also loved the siding for some reason.
Here is a potty chair I found next to the house :) I love how the vines are growing all over it.
The first picture is of the pump or water house. And the last one is of the barn where they would store the potatoes. Imagine... potatoes in Idaho! They were both taken within about 10 or 15 minutes of each other, but I love that one has the sun and the other has the moon.













1 comments:
how i miss that place
Post a Comment