Monday, May 17, 2010

Aquarium

Emmeline and I had another quiet morning at home while my dad worked for Roger. It was nice to sleep in and take our time getting ready. After my dad got home we went over to the aquarium and the bio park here in Albuquerque. This was Emme's first experience with aquatic life. There was a very big fish in the first tank we saw and Emme got a little startled. She didn't cry, but she was very hesitant. I tried to show her that there was glass, but she was still a little scared. Next we came to an open tank with stingrays in it. Emme wasn't scared of them even though they came right up to the glass and splashed a little water. (She is such a funny girl). We saw a bunch more fish, some creepy looking eels and some jellyfish. The last exhibit was a floor to ceiling tank that had huge fish, turtles and sharks in it. By the time we got there Emme understood that she could touch the glass and the fish couldn't touch her. She loved the last tank. She kept saying, "OOOOoooo!" We stopped by the gift shop on our way out and my dad bought Emme the cutest stuffed turtle. She loves it. I didn't get a picture of it today, but I will post one later. After the aquarium we went to the bio park which is right next door. We walked around some nice gardens and saw some really pretty flowers. We also saw a bugs exhibit. We saw some tarantulas, poisonous spiders, millipedes, centipedes, cockroaches, and scorpions. YUCK! (Justin, there was a HUGE black scorpion that is from western Africa... I wouldn't want to run into that in a dark alley) It was nice to look around at the different flowers and plants, but it was HOT and I was glad to get into the air conditioning.After the bio park we all went out to dinner at Olive Garden. (I thought of you Justin!) Emme had a taste of my cheese ravioli and loved it. After dinner we had a nice, quiet evening at home.

3 comments:

Hilary F. said...

We tried to leave Justin a comment on his blog, but it wouldn't let us. We hope he is having a good time and stays safe! Let us know if you need anything while he is gone!

Michal Thompson said...

sounds like you guys are having a party!

katie k said...

Yeah, his comments were not working before, but he fixed it, so comment away!