Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!!!



As many of you know, or are about to find out, my mother passed away a little over 9 years ago while I was serving a mission in Chile. I have to say that it was one of the hardest things that I have ever gone through. Being more than 6,000 miles away and not being there for my family in their time of need. That being said, who says that mother's day is only if your mother is still living. Here are some of the great things that I love about my mother and things that I still cherish today...
  • My mother loved to shop at D.I. - Just as I do, my mother always loved to find a good bargain. And every now and then, I will still find a good bargain at D.I.
  • Her spontaneity - There was never a dull moment around our home. At 11:00 PM when most people were getting ready to go to bed, my mom started the party. Whether it was staying up late watching a movie, eating, playing games, or just talking, we could always count on Mom making our times together special.
  • Her love for her family - No matter what was going on in her life, Mom always put her family first. Even in her last weeks that she was alive, she still wanted to make sure that her family was taken care of.
  • Her sense of humor - Anyone who knew Mom can attest to the fact that she had a witty sense of humor. She was always the light of the part and the center of attention and everyone loved to be around her.
Even though she isn't here, I still remember her often and try to make her legacy live on. I love you mom.


1 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

Thank you Justin, I loved all those things about her too. I wish I had some of those qualities! In the South it is a tradition to wear roses. You wear a white rose corsage if you mother is no longer alive and a red one if your mother is alive. I thought that was cool.