Monday, May 10, 2010

Gone to Ghana

Justin left this morning for a 7 week internship in Ghana. He will be living and working in a town called Koforidua. Here is a map (I didn't know where it was either). It was a crazy week this last week with Emme's birthday and getting Justin ready to leave. We are so sad to see him go, but I am so excited for him to have this experience. Justin flew out this morning at 8:45 to New York. He is now flying somewhere over the Atlantic and will arrive in Ghana at 7:00 am their time. It is a 6 hour time difference from Utah. Justin made a blog that he will hopefully be updating daily about his adventures. The blog is...http://7weeksinghana.blogspot.com/, which can also be found on the top left of this blog. Since Justin will try to update every day, I have decided to update every day as well.


Today's update.
It has been a rough day. I knew it would be hard seeing Justin off at the airport, but I didn't think it would be this hard. I think I will feel much better when I know he has arrived safely. We didn't do much today, which is what I wanted. We did do one big thing... Emme's 12 month shots. That was rough too. Emme and I are going to visit my dad in New Mexico on Thursday and I just wanted to get it over with. She got 2 shots in each leg and 1 in each arm. She ended up with 4 bandaids. Poor girl! She was quite a trooper. After the shots we stopped at the duck pond for 10 minutes then headed over to Walgreens to get some tylenol for Emme. I happened to walk through the candy isle while I was there and thought I would get some comfort chocolate. On the way home I noticed that the package said "Great to Share." That didn't exactly help, but after I ate half the candy bar I felt much better ;)
That was our day in a nutshell. I had better post this quick before Emme destroys the envelope box she's playing with on the floor next to me.

4 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

Connor's parents served a mission in Ghana, they loved it. Connor was in china and Japan for a summer, it wasn't fun, but we made it. We used skype a lot! Good luck!

Emily Poll said...

Chocolate can be just what a girl needs sometimes...hope you guys are doing well!

katie k said...

Thanks guys! I know it will be over before we know it... it also helps that I will be visiting my parents for a total of 3 weeks.

Emily Jones said...

I'm sure he will have a great experience but that would be so hard! We're still here in Utah so let me know if you're feeling lonely and we should get together. Our little girls can enjoy each other's company as well! :)