
Today was a big day that my dad and Jacque look forward to all year. It was the opening day of the Albuquerque Highland Games. We all got dressed up in our family's tartans and went of to the festival. It was really neat to see everyone dressed up in their kilts.

My dad is part of the Shrine bagpipe band and this was his first time playing in the festival's opening ceremonies. All the bagpipe bands line up and march in. They played one song marching in and another marching out. Emme actually slept through the first song (she takes after Justin!)

After that we ate some lunch and walked around to look at all the booths. They had a bunch of Scottish/ Irish stuff, jewelry, food and a couple tents with dogs and one with ponies. Emme LOVED all the dogs. She even got to pet the pony. She is obsessed with animals right now. We also got to see some Celtic dancing. It was a lot of fun to watch. The music was fun too.
It was crazy windy here yesterday, but the weather ended up being perfect today! I even got a really nice sunburn. Emme was so good all day and everyone loved her outfit. We even had a couple complete strangers ask if they could get a picture of her in her dress.

After the festival we went out to eat at a restaurant/ pub that my dad and Jacque like to go to. They had awesome fish and chips. (Justin, we will take you there when we visit next... you will love it!) A couple funny things... I got carded (I didn't even think about it... do I really look that young?) and Emme sucked on the lemon that came with my fish... she loved it. We had a fun day, but it was nice to go home and relax!

1 comments:
I get carded every time I go to a pub and I'm 36! (Bryan does as well and he's 41)
Post a Comment