We had a lazy day this morning and this afternoon. My dad went in to help Roger (Jacque's son) at his embroidery business until about noon, so Emme and I slept in and played all morning. After that we ran a couple errands, at lunch at Sonic (cherry limeade... mmm!), took a tour of the cannery where my dad and Jacque work, and saw Jacque's work. I guess we did have a full afternoon after all!
My dad and Jacque are members of the the Irish American Society and they had an even going on tonight. We had a potluck dinner and some entertainment. (I ate a piece of pizza that was as big as my face!) The entertainment was great! There were singers, a Celtic band and a bagpipe band. For those of you who don't know, my maiden name is McAdams. We are Scottish and my dad is really into our family history. He owns 2 kilts and plays the bagpipes. He loves the bagpipes and was excited for Emme to hear them for the first time. I thought she would cry because they were so loud, but she LOVED them! She danced and swayed back and forth, clapped her hands and bounced up and down like crazy on my lap. It was a fun night and a good preview for our day tomorrow. We are going to the Celtic games. Men in skirts here we come! ;)



0 comments:
Post a Comment