Emmeline and I traveled to New Mexico today to visit my dad and step-mom. Thanks to Marilyn for letting me park my car at their house and Sarah for dropping us off! We will be here for just over a week and you sure can tell by all the stuff we brought! It's hard traveling with a baby. We had 2 suitcases, 1 car seat with base, 1 umbrella stroller, 1 diaper bag, 1 purse, and 1 bag of books for Emme. I got a lot of stares as I walked to the ticketing counter. A couple nice people also helped me today... I was very grateful! Here are our 2 suitcases and the car seat all strapped together so I could roll them around.
Emme was really good on the plan. She was such a wiggle worm, but she didn't cry or fuss. The BYU women's track and field team was on our plane and everyone commented on how good she was during the flight. She was so tired, but only ended up sleeping the last 15 minutes of the flight (little stinker!)
After we got here we went to meet my dad's bagpipe friends and then we went to dinner. We had Vietnamese food. It was really good! When we got back Emme got to open 2 birthday gifts from grandpa and grandma. She got a really cute patriotic dress and a tickle me Elmo. She loves the Elmo! I will have to post some video when I get home.
One last thing... I just think Emme's feet are so cute! :)



2 comments:
Traveling with kids tripples the stuff you take! life used to be simple, but now it is fun!
So glad you guys made it safely...and whew! You definitely deserve a gold star for managing to manuever with all that luggage & a stroller and wiggly baby! Have fun!
Post a Comment