Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Busy & Cranky

It was one of those days with Emme today.  She was so cranky and such a busy body!  She is teething so I don't blame her, but wow am I exhausted!  She took a morning nap this morning.  She usually only takes an afternoon nap.  She was picky about all the food she ate today, and wouldn't even really drink her milk.  The good thing is that she went to bed at a good time and she didn't give me any trouble! :)
(Some of the pictures are not by the writing today.)
Emme and I met my mom at the office for lunch again today.  She was being so funny.  She was trying to put on my sunglasses, but kept putting them on her neck.
She liked playing with a big calculator at my mom's office.  (Justin, she is definitely your daughter... you should be so proud!)  She thought it was a phone.  It looks as big as her head!
We went to visit my grandpa's wife Judi after lunch.  We had a really great visit.  I haven't been to their house in a long time because we would always see her at the nursing home where my grandpa lived.  It was really good to visit their house because we lived their twice... I have so many good memories :)
My grandpa passed away in April (which I haven't blogged about yet) and his brothers and sister planted a tree in his honor.  It came with a really neat name plate with their pictures engraved.  My grandpa is the one sitting in the front.
After visiting Judi we went to see my friend Spring.  We grew up in the same ward together and went to the same high school.  Spring and her husband Lars are staying with his parents until they move to China in August for a few months.  They lived in Provo, but we never got to see them while we were there together.  It was great to see her! 
While we were there we discovered that they have my grandma's old piano.  My grandma gave it to my uncle, who gave it to Lars' family.  We got a picture of Emme sitting at her great grandma's piano.
We got dinner tonight at Noodles.  Emme was being silly again by holding things in her mouth.  She also tried scooping food out of my bowl with her spoon.  It was the first time she tried that :)
The weather was beautiful today!  I hope it holds out for tomorrow so Emme and Callie can swim in the kiddie pool my mom bought.

3 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

so where do you get her cute flowers- and do you just clip it to her headband?

Julia Mar said...

I know Spring and Lars! They were in our ward in Provo. Small world. Glad you're having a good summer!

katie k said...

My mom got the flowers online, but they are homemade. They are just flowers glued onto clips... then I clip them to the headband through the holes.