Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sick

My mom and I were so sick today.  It started last night.  We felt achy all over.  I thought my muscles just hurt from chasing Emme around all day until I started feeling nauseous right before I went to bed.  I had such a bad chill when I went to bed that I was just shaking and couldn't fall asleep.  I felt cold, nauseous and dizzy.  I woke up at least 1 time an hour either achy, too hot or too cold.  We both woke up feeling like death warmed over.  We stayed in our pajamas all day and were not able to eat anything except popsicles and water.  I am feeling a little better, but still have a way to go.  I was supposed to fly home tomorrow at 10:45, but was too sick to pack anything, so we rescheduled my flight for Friday morning instead.  I could barely take care of Emme.  I think all I did for her today was get her milk and change 1 diaper.  My mom did the rest because she was feeling a little better that me.  Hopefully I will sleep it off.

On a lighter note, I wasn't able to get many pictures today since it was a sick day, but here is one cute thing Emme did.  Emme found a candle in the living room and brought it over to my mom.  My mom smelled it and told her to smell the candle.  Since she doesn't know how to sniff through her nose she put it up to her nose and blew air out of her mouth to make the sniffing noise.  She is so funny!  So now she does that every time we ask her to sniff the candle.  She also put the lid back on the candle without us showing her how to do it!  She amazes me every day.

1 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

hope you feel better! that is the worst. mommies don't get to take a day off when they are sick