Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday

Today was my last Sunday alone!  Emme was actually pretty good for me today.  We made it through sacrament, walked the halls during sunday school, and actually sat through ALL of relief society!

A few quick things from today.  Some of Emme's favorite things to do are play with her baby's accessories and look at her books.  I was cleaning up the kitchen when I saw her feeding the baby's cup to a doll in one of her books.  So cute!

Justin's sister Emily and her husband Kyle live in NY.  They sent Emme the cutest book for her birthday.  We just opened it this week.  It's called, "Hello, New York City!"  There is a little boy in the book that says hello to all the great places around the city.  This is Emme's favorite page.  She likes the penguins.
This is my favorite page.  I love that he says, "Hello, pointy lady."  THANK YOU EMILY AND KYLE!!!   Emme loves her new book!
We were having a really great day until poop happened.  Reader beware again!  I went in the bedroom to get Emme's shoes.  I was going to take her for a quick walk outside.  She was sitting on the kitchen floor looking at her books.  When I came back I found that she pooped, it leaked, and she smeared it on the floor and got it on a couple of her books.  YUCK!!!  (I will spare you the gross pictures). I had to throw her in the tub, strip her, rinse her off, then give her a bath.  She did not like it at first.  She looks so sad! :(
After the bath I got her dressed in her pajamas and she was tired and ready for bed.  The night turned out after all.  I can't leave the post with her sad face, so here's an older picture of happy Emme.

2 comments:

Emily & Kyle said...

Aww..so glad that Emme likes the book. We only wish we could've been there at the party to give it to her in person! I miss those Emme kisses:) We are sure excited to see you guys in August though!!

katie k said...

We are so excited too!