We are officially home for good! We had a rough travel day, so be prepared!
First we flew from Milwaukee to Minneapolis. The flight went great and we even got in 20 minutes early. That's when it all started. We had to wait on the plane because they didn't have a gate for us to pull into. When we finally did get a gate, the brake got stuck. First they said they would fix it quick. Then they said they would disconnect it and tow us in. Finally, an hour later, they said the tired needed to be removed so they could tow us to the gate. While all of this was happening I was wrestling with a tired baby and wondering if I was going to make it to my connecting flight. There were a lot of people on my flight gong to Salt Lake, so they held the plane for us. I glanced at the clock as I was "running" to my gate. It was 2:12 and my flight was supposed to leave at 2:15.
I was not happy with the situation at all. Emme had to sit through 2 straight flights and I didn't get a chance to eat lunch. Plus I had to sit in a middle seat because I didn't have a chance to talk to the desk and ask for an aisle seat. Other than all that... the flight went pretty well. Emme slept and I stole some of her pb&j sandwich.
We got home, ran to the store and just relaxed. Emme was so excited to play with her toys. They were everywhere! She especially loved this soccer ball. I love her shorts, and those are one of the pairs of sandals my mom bought her. So cute! (P.S. - Sorry for the lack of pictures!)



1 comments:
You are super mom! I'm sure any flight with a small child is difficult, but especially one with that many problems and when you're by yourself.
It seems like Justin hasn't been gone that long - I can't believe it's less than two weeks until he gets home!
Post a Comment