We had a really fun day today. It was great going to church in my home ward. It was so good to see everyone, especially good friends who I grew up with. I had fun, but church was rough for Emme like usual. Church is hard no matter what time we have it, because it is during her nap time. Speaking of church being hard... this was my first fast Sunday in almost 2 years because of being pregnant and nursing. It was hard! I love food :)
The rest of the day we just relaxed and watched a couple church movies. We had amazing steaks with baked sweet potatoes and salad. Emme was so funny when I was feeding her tonight. She was yelling, "Ahh!" She has also been giving her opinion a lot more lately. Tonight she told me, "enough with the peas already!"
I mentioned in a previous post that Emme loves playing with the baby doll my mom has here at the house. It's a blinking doll, and it has been fun to watch Emme discover that her eyes open and close. It looks as if she is trying to poke her eyes out.
Emme loves animals... my mom has a cat. She says, "what's that," (or her version of it) every time she sees it. She goes crazy! She has also started making a dog sound for all animals that sounds like, "oof, oof." Every time she sees the cat she makes that sound. By the way Justin... Lizzie says hi and that she misses you! (ha!)
One more thing about Emme. We realized that Emme knows a lot more that I thought she did, and she learned it all on her own. My mom was asking her where her nose, eyes, mouth and feet were tonight. She knew all of them! I haven't been working with her on it, so I was almost shocked to see her point them out. I am so proud of her! I guess the new name of the song is... Eyes, Nose, Mouth and Feet!
It's so hard coming back to Wisconsin in the summer... it's beautiful! It makes me remember all the amazing summers I had growing up. It was so much fun going to the local grocery store where everyone is so friendly and seeing how much more relaxed life is here. It almost makes me want to live here again someday, but then I think of the -60 degree winter weather. This is a picture I took from our backyard. It is so beautiful and green. I also love the rain storms when I come home. They sky looked so beautiful even though it was cloudy.
P.S. - HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!!!
P.S. - HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!!!



2 comments:
that is beautiful! glad you are having fun. emme is so dang cute!
Hey Katie!
I know, small world! I actually knew Emily in college, so it was so fun to see her again. How are you? It looks like you guys are having a fun summer!
Post a Comment